Saturday, November 13, 2010

Once Upon a Time

I was crafty...

I made things...

I was on a Design Team...

I updated my blog on a regular basis...


I was surfing the blogs this morning and came across a post titled "Once Upon a Time," and I thought to myself "Yeah, that is me... once upon a time I was creative and made cute little projects." It resinated with me to the point that I decided I should add something to my blog . My blog has lingered because I have not worked on anything, really in such a long time. I also noticed that blogs I used to read are now no longer... so sad. Hey Turnips and Carrots where are you? I miss you! Plus going to the book store to pick up a creative magazine to get "re-inspired" is like an impossible task. Is "Creating Keepsakes" and "Scrapbooks, etc" the only two sources left? Not to mention "Scrapbook Trends" - but they are pricey, so I subscribe to them and have to wait (and wait) for the delivery to my mailbox.
Anyway, I entered a card and two layouts in the L. A. County Fair. Even the fair was not the same this year. They craft exhibits were not full and inspiring as years past. Some great costumes, but something was missing. I design layouts for the "Die Cut Diva on the Go" web site. The last layout that was featured that I did was the "Are We There Yet?" layout.




I liked this one, because the colors were so inducive to whatever photography would be used on it. I made another one using all of the same pieces for a Disneyland Autopia layout. It came out so cute. My son was driving a yellow car by himself for the first time and the pictures looked really cute on this paper group.

I went to Roger's Gardens and saw their Christmas displays the first week of the opening. So many yummy ideas, really gets you in the mood to decorate for Christmas. Can't wait. I bought a bunch of christmas themed paper so hopefully I can put a post together with my finished cards.
And lastly, I have been busy with the kids school projects and after school sports. My son's soccer team made it to the play offs! They really started to play and excell towards the end of the season. It just seemed to click with all of them. Jack was the mad hatter for halloween, apparently none of the photo's have been downloaded on the computer yet. (I don't want to receive a lecture for my other half if I do this... he has total control of the computer picture albums, so I'll just post a pic later). His costume came out cute. I added my own spools of thread to the costume and added more lace to the sleeves. I found a costume on the Disney web site and bought it early.

We went to our first Halloween costume party in years this year. So much fun! Hopefully I will become reinspired and "Once Upon a Time" will be about the time that I had no inspiration...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails