Monday, January 16, 2012

Scrapbook Weekend

I have never gone on the scrapbook weekend with the girls before. It never worked with my schedule until this past weekend! I had so much fun! The girls are such die hards - they get up early in the morning and can scrap as late as three and four a.m. the next morning! I brought enough supplies to do four layouts which I finished and I was able to start on Jackson's Valentines's for his classroom.

This first layout I used paper from Crate Paper from their "Static Collection." I bought the paper when the scrapbook store was still open, and I am just now am using it! I am so far behind! The pictures are from when the kids went up to Pismo Beach - Avila Beach - and San Luis Obispo after Christmas with the Dad's.
The second layout is "Turkey Time." This is from thanksgiving this past year! I used American Crafts paper from their Night Fall Collection. I like the colors and how it was balanced with the black. Thanksgiving is always fun to scrapbook, but it makes you hungry!


The third layout I worked on was the finishing touches on Jackson's Cub Scout Fire Department tour page. He is now in Boy Scouts, so I am behind in his Scouting Album also. Fun to see how much he has grown since these pictures were taken. Seems like only months ago... yikes! The fourth layout I'll share later. I amde a Valentine layout.
 I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the Scrapbook Inn was! It was a brand new house with an awesome view. My friend, Valeree and I were able to sit at a large window and look out while we scrapped and munched on snacks. The girls all brought something to share which made it really nice. There were no "food" runs. A new snack or lunch/dinner item was brought out for everyone. How nice!
 We were greeted with this nice sign to help yourself to snacks. Our bedroom had these cute footsie socks with a cute note attached with a ribbon. The home was so clean. You felt so comfortable walking around and using the kitchen and the facilities. I was very impressed. Plus I figured the rowdy group that went were going to get rowdy... but no. They are some serious scrapbookers and got right down to business and worked until the wee hours in the morning. I was even able to finish my book I brought. It was just so relaxing! We did put on the movie The Bridesmaids and cracked up! Thank you Judy for bringing some comic relief! What an awesome Saturday Night!



This is my friend Valeree. We finished up on Sunday and drove to Toms Farms for a late lunch and then headed home. Such a nice way to start of the New Year! Thank you Trish for inviting me!

1 comment:

Cindy F said...

I keep saying that one of these days I'm going to check out that place. It looks so cool! Glad you had such a nice time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails