Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sneak for the Next Release

This year so far has been busy, busy, busy! And not much creating... how sad. Where I live our local Scrapbook Store (LSS) closed. Then the next "best" one which was a drive - but worth it because they had a large selection, closed. Now we are left with a very small one. Not much selection, but she carries lines that I like: Cosmo Cricket, Graphic 45, October Afternoon, Melissa Francis, Sassafras Las, Tattered Angels, and Basic Grey. The other scrapbook store that is close to us has a wide selection - mostly of older lines that were released two, three years ago. The staff is not friendly. When I am there I feel as if I am interrupting their conversation when I need to be rung up. You would stand at the cash register for several minutes until they "noticed" you with a "Are you ready?" I would prefer to avoid this store, but now we have no where else to go -- except on line. But I really like to see the papers in person and look at samples to get ideas, and I love embellishments! Embellishments need to be merchandised with the group of papers to get a real understanding of how they might be used. Embellishments from one manufacturer can easily be used with a totally different line or group of papers. Anyway, so I have not been able to fuel my "outlet" thus I have been using my time volunteering for various projects. Right now, making centerpieces for the Girl Scout Father/Daughter Dance. The theme this year is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, so I am making brightly colored flower pots stuffed with candy and cellophane to make a "full" bouquet of color and sugar! **Post Script: I did not mention the third store by us on purpose. No new merchandise in what? A year? Never open... Closed Sunday, Monday early on weekdays. No one at the register. The customer has to go to the scrap tables and ask if anyone works there to be rung up. I figure this place is someones hobby and not a store.

The sneak - this the Mom's Day Layout which will be available for purchase in April. I used the Graphic 45 Romantique line and grounded the floral pattern with the solid Java paper. I mixed in distressing, lace and pearls for a vintage look. This is a two page layout with room for four photographs. This layout will be available on the Die Cut Diva web site. The site has all sorts of layouts and cards available for purchase, please visit them if you need an already cut out layout. All you need to do is assemble yourself, so you can adjust the layout to your photographs and journaling style. Most layouts range from $14 to $20.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails