Wednesday, July 29, 2009

June Bug and Summer Soiree

This is a totally "scrap lifted" layout I took from the Fancy Pants blog! I loved it so much I copied it! And now I can not find it on the blog or in a gallery to give this artist proper credit. I just loved the colors and how I had the perfect photo's that went with the design. The paper is from Fancy Pants' Summer Soiree line. And this layout was so much fun to create. I painted the chipboard swirls to add more umph to the wave spray. The other artist used round blue vellum like circles on the wave points which really looked good and balanced the different blue colors.

I also finished a layout using the new line from Basic Grey called June Bug! I thought it was perfect to use this plaid paper with pictures of Lauren's trip to England two summer's ago.
The paper has a "kilt" feel and I thought would add a good feel to a English Castle layout. Only I found these pic's from the Tower of London. Which by the way was completed in 1097! So much history. The tour that Lauren went on showed them the old cells that captives were confined to.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails